Wednesday, August 24, 2011

I'm smiling because...

I did it!

I did 50 minutes of continuous aerobic exercise--the Walk Away the Pounds DVD, 3 miles walk.

A month ago, I think the most exercise I got in a day was walking up and down our stairs a few times a day. Now I get at least 30 minutes a day, and I'm working towards an hour. 

I had plenty of excuses for not working out today. The dishes are piled up in the sink. There's laundry to do. Toys are scattered everywhere. I slept terribly last night and have pretty much been up since 2:30am. 

But as I sat on the couch to watch last night's episode of Teen Mom (oh, c'mon, we all have our guilty pleasures), I felt like a slacker for not working out instead. So I grudgingly walked to the kitchen for my tennis shoes, grabbed a pair of socks, and put the Walk Away the Pounds DVD in and turned the DVD player on. Normally I do the 2 miles walk, but today since I was feeling extra-motivated (NOT), I put the 3 mile in. Truthfully, Kendra took the 2 mile DVD off the shelf, and I couldn't find it. I guess she forced me into the 3 mile walk. Thanks, Kendra. 

I was sure I'd never make it all 50 minutes. But I did. And I even used 2 lb weights. I'm proud of myself. 

What does a 282.2 pounds girl look like after such a workout?



See...I'm smiling! Yes, that's sweat on my shirt...time for a shower. 

And at least now I can sit on the couch tonight and watch TV with no guilt because I got up and did it when I didn't really want to. If I can do it, you can do! Give yourself at least 30 minutes a day to be a better you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment