Friday, August 19, 2011

I need a road map...

I think when I started this journey, I was at a breaking point. I needed to have that meltdown in order to jolt me into reality and realize that I needed to do something about my health and weight. I'm 2.5 weeks into my trip, and I'm liking the progress I'm seeing. I need a road map, though. Something to guide me and help me work towards my ultimate goal of losing nearly half my starting body weight and finally reaching an acceptable BMI. 
 
I've decided to set mini-goals. That makes the task of losing nearly 140 pounds a little less daunting. Looking at it on a timeline with increments should help me feel less overwhelmed. 

On Aug. 1, I weighed 298 lbs with a BMI of 46.0-- morbidly obese. I hate that phrase. Absolutely hate it. And I never want to be assoctiated with the phrase morbidly obese again.  

Monday, Aug. 15, I weighed 284.6 lbs, for a total of 13.4 pounds gone forever and BMI of 43.9.

My goals along the way...
Sept. 15 (deployment day)--278 lbs, BMI 42.9 


Oct. 31: 264, BMI 40.7

Thanksgiving:  256, BMI 39.5, no longer morbidly obese. Just obese. Hey, it's progress. 


Jan. 1, 2012: 246, BMI 38 (NO excuses for unhealthy eating over the holidays!)


Feb. 14: 236, BMI 36.4

Easter (Apr. 8): 222, BMI 34.3

May 28: 208, 32.1

July 4: 198 (ONEDERLAND and 100 lbs gone FOREVER!), BMI 30.6

Aug. 10: 188, BMI 29.0 NO LONGER OBESE!! 

Sept. 2 (my 31st birthday): 182, BMI 28.1  I'll weigh less than I did when Jason and I met just in time for his arrival home!

Oct. 1: 172, BMI 26.5

Thanksgiving: 160, BMI 24.7--A HEALTHY WEIGHT!

Originally, I wanted to meet my goal of 160 by September 2012 when Jason gets home from deployment, but after looking at a calendar and recognizing that I want to do this slow and steady so I can keep the weight off, I realized that might not be realistic. When he gets home, I will have lost over 100 pounds and I'll finally weigh less than he does. I'll take that! 

I'm not sure that 160 will be an ideal weight for me. I may adjust the goals as I go. 160 is still at the top end of a healthy BMI for my height. However, I know that 160 is so much better than the 298 I started at. I will be healthy, feel great and look amazing. Knowing that makes this journey worth it. I know there will be weeks of ups and downs. But having these mini goals along the way will keep me motivated to reach them. It's much less daunting to look at it as 10 pounds at a time than 140 pounds all together. This road map will be a guide to help me get where I need to be. I'm so excited about what my future holds. I can't wait to see what I look like at a healthy weight! I just know that great things are in store for me.  


 

No comments:

Post a Comment